Dr. Avruskin is a physical therapist and athletic trainer who specializes in performing arts therapy, elite athletic rehabilitation, wellness and fitness coaching, and writing about health care.
Dr. Avruskin has been in practice since 1992, and has provided backstage physical therapy and athletic training for theatrical shows and events, including:
- Neurotour Physical Therapy:
- Disney’s THE LION KING
- National Broadway show tours including
- ‘Book of Mormon’
- ‘Sister Act’
- ‘Kinky Boots’
- ‘Anything Goes’
- ‘Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’
- ‘Porgy & Bess’
- National Tours of
- ‘So You Think You Can Dance’, ‘Anything Goes’
- Kellogg’s ‘Olympic Gymnastics Champions’
- Cirque du Soleil shows: ‘O’ and ‘Mystere’
- ‘Le Reve’
- Atlanta Olympic Games on the Athlete’s Medical Service.
Dr. Avruskin holds degrees from:
- Cornell University (Bachelor of Psychology)
- University of Southern California (Master of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy)
- Creighton University (Doctorate in Physical Therapy).
- Touro University Worldwide (Masters in Media and Communication Psychology).
Dr. Avruskin holds certificates from:
- University of Nevada Las Vegas (certificate program in public relations)
- Poynter’s News University (certificate in Basic Reporting and Writing)
Dr. Avruskin has been a Certified Kinesiotaping Practitioner since 2003. She is EMT-trained and McKenzie MDT trained. She is certified in Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA). She is a Certified Corporate Wellness Coach and a Certified Wellness Practitioner.